Rail Info

Vermont Rail Action Network

Vermont Rail Action Network

Promoting the revitalization of Vermont's rail network for passengers and freight

Barre: Originally built by the Central Vermont Railway, home of the Vermont Granite Museum. 
Montpelier & Wells River Railroad passenger station/office building is now TDBank North.  Photo and Map

Beecher Falls: Originally built by the Maine Central Railroad.

Bellow Falls: Originally built by the Central Vermont Railway, used by the Green Mountain Railroad (tourist line).

Bennington: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad, used as a restaurant.

Bethel: Originally built by the CV, used as a business.

Bradford: Originally built by the Boston & Maine Railroad, used as a business.

Brattleboro: Built 1915 as a union station of the Central Vermont, Boston & Maine and West River Railroads.  It's now the Brattleboro Museum, an art gallery.  Amtrak retains a waiting room downstairs at track level in the former baggage room.  Map and photos

First station, built 1849, still stands between the river and the tracks.  It's the frame building with dormers.

Central Vermont Railway freight station, built 1980 is now North Country Naturals.

Bristol: Originally built by the Bristol Railroad, privately owned. Photo of Bristol Station

Burlington: Built 1915 as Union Station of the Rutland and Central Vermont Railroads.  Now owned by Main Street Landing, it has been redeveloped with a variety of tennants and public space.  It is used by Green Mountain Railroad's Champlain Valley Flyer. Map and Photos

Castleton: Originally built by the Delaware & Hudson Railway, used as a business.

Chester: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad, used by the Green Mountain Railroad (tourist line).

Concord: Originally built by the Maine Central Railroad.

Danby: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad, used as a business.

East Clarendon: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad, used as a business.

Ely: Originally built by the Boston & Maine Railroad, used as a post office.

Essex Junction: Originally built by the Central Vermont Railway, used as an Amtrak stop.

Fairhaven: Originally built by the D&H, vacant.

Fairlee: Originally built by the Boston & Maine Railroad, used as a business.

Ferrisburgh: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad, used as a business.

Gilman: Originally built by the Maine Central Railroad.

Grand Isle: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad, privately owned.

Greensboro: The former St. Johnsbury & Lamoille County Railroad freight and passenger depots here still stand.

Island Pond: Originally built by the Grand Trunk Railway, home of the Island Pond Historical Society.

Johnson: Originally built by the St. Johnsbury & Lamoille County Railroad, used as a business.

Kendall: Originally built by the B&M, privately owned.

Ludlow: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad.

Middlebury: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad.

Montpelier: Originally built by the CV.

Montpelier Junction: Originally built by the CV, used as an Amtrak stop.

Morrisville: Originally built by the StJ&LC, used as a business.

Newfane: Originally built by the West River Railroad.

New Haven Junction: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad, used as a business.

Newport: Originally built by the Canadian Pacific, used as a senior center.

North Bennington: The former Rutland passenger and freight depots here still stand, used as businesses.

North Clarendon: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad, used as a business.

North Dorset: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad, used as a business.

North Ferrisburgh: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad, used as a business.

Northfield: The former CV freight and passenger depots here still stand, used as businesses.

Norwich: The former B&M freight and passenger depots here still stand.

Piermont: Originally built by the Boston & Maine Railroad, used as a business.

Poultney: Photo

 

Randolph: Originally built by the CV, vacant. Also, the former CV freight depot here also still stands, restored and used as an Amtrak stop.

Rupert: Originally built by the Delaware & Hudson Railway.

Shelburne: Originally built 1890 by the Rutland Railroad, moved to Shelburne museum.  Train order signal remains deralict at trackside. Photos

South Royalton: Originally built by the CV.

St. Albans: The former Central Vermont Railway offices and freight depot still stand, both used by the New England Central Railway.

St. Johnsbury: Photos

Swanton: Originally built by the CV.

Thetford: Originally built by the Boston & Maine Railroad, privately owned.

Vergennes: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad.

Wallingford: Originally built by the Rutland Railroad, mowed to Pawlet and used as a business.

Waterbury: The former CV freight and passenger depots here still stand, the former used as a business.

White River Junction: The White River Junction Union Station still stands, used as an Amtrak stop.  Map

Wilmington: Originally built by the Hoosac Tunnel & Wilmington Railroad, privately owned.

Windsor: Originally built by the CV, used as an Amtrak stop.

Woodstock: The former Woodstock Railway freight depot here still stands.

All-Time List of Stations

 

Upcoming Events