The Vermont Rail Action Network is a grassroots citizen’s movement. That means we need your help to get things done. If you believe that Vermont would be better with more trains (and less pollution from road vehicles), please join us. Becoming a member today will help us accomplish this goal. Your active support increases our clout, and allows us to continue our successful advocacy and public education efforts.
Be a part of the solution! As a VRAN member, you get:
- I’d rather be on the train’ bumper sticker
- Timely e-mail rail news updates, with notices of upcoming rail-related events & activities
- Invitations to public hearings, forums and other rail advocacy opportunities in Vermont
- Discounted tickets for our gala VRAN Annual Dinner (at Individual level & above)
- Access to travel benefits including 10% off Amtrak tickets, if you add dual membership in the national Railroad Passengers Association (RPA)
VRAN has been working for improved passenger and freight service in Vermont since 1972. We are independent and nonpartisan; we are NOT funded by Amtrak, the railroads, governments or any political party. We are a registered Vermont non-profit and a 501(c)(3) organization, under the federal tax code. Your membership dues and donations to VRAN may be tax-deductible if you itemize.
Your membership pays for:
- Promoting the growth of passenger and freight rail services in Vermont
- Educating the public to raise awareness about the advantages and benefits of rail travel
- Working with Amtrak to enhance its passenger rail services and facilities in Vermont
- Coordinating our national rail advocacy with the Railroad Passengers Association (RPA)
- Working with Vermont’s federal, state and local officials to support investments in rail infrastructure
- Coordinating with other environmental and pro-transit organizations in Vermont
- Participate in advisory groups and public forums on rail and transit issues