What we’re about
The Vermont Rail Action Network exists to convert general public support for improved rail services in Vermont into an active, organized constituency that can help lead Vermont into a new age of the train. We . . .
- Educate: We inform our members, elected official and the public on railroad issues in Vermont.
- Coordinate: Our voice is more powerful when it is well-timed and unified.
- Engage: We bring together public and private partners on projects to improve railroad facilities and services.
The Vermont Rail Action Network is a team and a citizen’s movement, which means we need your help to get things done. If you believe that Vermont would be better with more trains (and less road vehicle pollution), please join us.
You can help:
- Speak up for trains
- Help with current VRAN projects
- Sign up for our e-newsletter
- Become a member or make a donation
VRAN advocates for the modernization and revitalization of the Vermont rail network for passengers and freight, to improve the environment and to ensure the economic viability of Vermont business by providing more cost-effective transportation options.